It’s the middle of May. Although quarantine restrictions are beginning to ease, many of us are still stuck homebound. That means lots of time, and not a lot to fill it with.
Our friends at Gear Lobo are hiring somebody to watch MeatEater. That’s right, one lucky applicant will end up with $1,000 and a passel of prize giveaways.
Love MeatEater? Then this just job might be the thing for you!
Who They Are Hiring
If you want a shot at being awarded this epic job, here’s what they’re looking for:
- Somebody who is not just a MeatEater fan, but also an active social media user that would be thrilled to live-update their social media accounts during their MeatEater marathon (tagging Gear Lobo and MeatEater while they do).
- Somebody that is at least 18 years old and eligible to work in the United States.
If you’re hired, simply plop down in your favorite binge-watching location, stream the episodes, and post on your social media platforms as you go (might also wanna fire up a couple squirrel haunches or some other MeatEater-inspired TV snacks to graze on as well).
What Will You Watch?
MeatEater. And LOTs of it (41 hours to be specific!).
That’s right, get used to seeing Steve’s left-handed Carolina Custom, Cal’s mustache, and a whole lot of camo (plenty of Joe Rogan, Remi, Janis and the rest of the gang too).
Here’s the breakdown:
|MeatEater Season||Episodes||Watch Time|
|Season 1||10||5 hours, 4 minutes|
|Season 2||13||4 hours, 49 minutes|
|Season 3||11||4 hours, 3 minutes|
|Season 4||18||6 hours, 36 minutes|
|Season 5||16||5 hours, 47 minutes|
|Season 6||16||5 hours, 42 minutes|
|Season 7||16||5 hours, 53 minutes|
|Season 8||8||3 hours, 9 minutes|
|Total||108||41 hours, 3 minutes|
Still not scared off? Read on.
What You’ll Get
If you’re obsessed with MeatEater more than Steve is obsessed with Montana, Gear Lobo is giving you the cold hard cash AND a few goodies to be excited about.
The resident MeatEater binger will walk away with:
- $1,000 (not sure if we already mentioned that or not)
- The MeatEater Fish and Game Cookbook
- MeatEater T-shirt
- MeatEater 20 oz. Yeti tumbler
- MeatEater skull sticker
- Gift card for a free 1-year subscription of MyOutdoorTV (they also offer a free 1-year subscription to an outdoor magazine of your choice)
- Civivi Plethiros folding knife
- Jack Links 2-Pack of beef jerky
How to Apply
Ready to do this thing? Fill the application on the official contest page at Gear Lobo, and share in just a few words why you’re the ultimate MeatEater fan.
Applications accepted until 11:59 pm EST on Friday June 12, 2020.